We spend 80% of our time with patients and 20% of our time helping each other with complex cases, lecturing at universities, and designing proprietary technology.
Dr. Kjeld Aamodt
Quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Healthline and Techcrunch, Dr. Aamodt is regularly sought after as the leading voice in teeth alignment and clear aligner technology.
- University of California, San Francisco I Doctor of Dental Surgery | Masters of Science in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- University of California, San Diego I B.S. in Microbiology
- Perfect score on the National Dental Board Exam
- Course Director and Lecturer for Emerging Technologies and Clear Aligners at UCSF
- UCSF 2019 Pathfinder Award Winner
- Published research paper on caries and malocclusion
Dr. Stephanie Purnomo
Dr. Purnomo has researched incisor stem cell regulation and 3D methods to evaluate teeth movement. She is also one of our most award-winning doctors, consistently recognized for her academic achievements in dentistry and orthodontics.
- University of California, San Francisco I Doctor of Dental Surgery I Masters of Science in Oral and Craniofacial Sciences
- University of California, Irvine I B.S in Developmental and Cell Biology
- American Association of Orthodontists Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence
- Elizabeth Gardner Excellence in Dentistry Award (awarded to 1% of applicants)
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Oral Pathology Award
- UC LEADS Scholarship
Dr. Matt Cozin
Dr. Cozin is an alumnus of Columbia University and has published half a dozen scientific papers. His research includes how bone metabolism impacts jaw growth and how certain medications influence blood plasma and bone growth.
- University of California, San Francisco I Masters of Science in Orthodontics and Orofacial Sciences
- Columbia University I Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Wesleyan University I B.A. in Biology
- Thomas M. Graber Award of Special Merit
- Daniel M. Laskin Award for the most outstanding article published in the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Columbia University — Dentsply Research Award
Dr. Margarita Lachica
Dr. Lachica graduated from Northwestern Dental School on a full scholarship from the US Navy and has taught at both UCSF and the University of Texas, Houston. She applied to become an astronaut before settling into a career of orthodontics.
- University of California, San Francisco I Masters of Science in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Northwestern University I Doctor of Dental Surgery
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign I B.S. in Biology
- Faculty at UCSF Division of Orthodontics
- Full scholarship to Northwestern Dental School
- Member of Congressional Appointments for the US Naval Academy
- Volunteer for Smiles Change Lives (non-profit orthodontic care for underprivileged children)